Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mmm mmm good


I hit the wall last week. I’d had enough of barely-out-of-the-teens girl power struggles, missing Texas and being bored. When my boss failed to show up for a meeting we’d scheduled, when he finally ambled around and asked how I was, after talking to the aforementioned almost-teens, I was not in a good mood.

We walked down to a private conference room and I dropped a whole lot of stress on him, along with a few tears, because getting here to camp hasn’t been an easy road. It wasn’t all drama and bad stuff, but it was the first chance I’d had since arriving to open up about the behind the scenes issues, which definitely needed aired. He was unaware of several of them, and we both felt much relieved about my own awareness, as well as my plan of attack.

Because really, it’s got to be very stressful to have the person you hired to take over the camp program this summer be all, “why am I here if I’m just going to sit around doing nothing while people play childish games with me whether I want to participate or not?!”

When he came down off the ceiling the real discussion between us rolled on, and it was good. Very good.

And then when I was doing some grocery shopping up in Greensboro at the Super Wal-Mart, I came across Blue Bell ice cream. Blue Bell people, the best ice cream in the country. No really, it’s printed right on the ice cream cartons. Fresh churned out of tiny little Brenham, Texas, and delivered fairly close to my door here in North Cackalackee.

Yeah, I can stay here now. It was looking dodgy for a few minutes though, but thankfully that passed.

No comments: