Monday, March 9, 2009

My favorite thing to do!

In case you never noticed, Houston is a bigggggggggggggg freaking city. Sure, I find it a collection of small towns all crammed together, because there are at least two dozen cities within the city that I can name, but really, it covers a lot of real estate. Something like 6,000 square miles, given the suburbs that the middle class lives in. So yeah, driving around this town takes a whole lot of patience, and a good sense of direction.
And that's exactly what I didn't have today, when Chucklehead sent me haring off all over town to try and find a part for his refrigerator. Which led to me driving around trying to call people on phones that they were too busy to answer. F*cking a, answer the damned phone if you want me to go to some place you think is off of some street near some other street. Because those kind of directions are just going to piss me off.
So here's a list of things that piss me off faster than someone stealing my drink on a hot day:

1. Tell me to meet you somewhere you can't remember the name of

2. Make sure you don't know have the address of where you want me to go

3. Take the only copy of the directions, with the address on it, with you, and tell me to meet you there

4. Give me the wrong name of where I need to go, so that when I try to map it, I can't

5. Call me and ask me to do an errand, and that you'll call me back with directions.... and then never do.

Because I just looooooooooooooooove driving around this city randomly searching for something or someone to get you something from somewhere.
Traffic here sucks. Even when it's moving, it sucks. No, it does.
I love Houston, really, I do. I missed it the entire time I was gone. But the driving here is insane. I'm still not up to the proper aggressive level I need to maintain for driving here. It would help if the jeep would quit randomly, mysteriously stalling out, but since that isn't really going to happen any time soon, I would prefer not to run any errands for you without having proper effing directions!
And once I get all pissed off about any of those things above, it just continues until I'm finally back in my comfort zone, okay, so I do NOT appreciate you Mister Police Officer stopping in the middle lane of a 3 lane underpass to pull someone over in the right lane. At 4:30 in the afternoon. With the roads stacked with traffic and people trying to get home. Asshole. Could have let the SUV drive a sixteenth of a mile up the road to get out of the underpass and pulled her over on the side of the road, but that would have been too damned easy. Instead, you can put your little black cowboy hat on your head, straighten your little clip on tie, and then strut into traffic as you exit your car.
Yeah, driving around with crappy directions is my favorite thing to do....

No comments: